Thursday, March 30, 2017

Week 4 (3/30/17) - Santo Domingo

Big HOLAAAA!!!!!

I am going to kick this email off with a challenge! I challenge every single one of you on this email list, even the people who aren't members of the church to start reading the Book of Mormon right now and try to finish it in 2 months! I don't know what the breakdown is but I finished it in 14 days once so I know you can do it! That book is so incredible and it blesses my life more than I could ever imagine. I love it!! Read it! Just give it a shot!!

Okay so to be honest this week didn't start off that great but it got so incredible so its okay. The Haitians speak french so we have 3 different languages here during sacrament meeting and while eating at the table! It is so cool and we all still laugh together because we have figured out ways to communicate. It is really quite amazing! There are always 2-3 translators everywhere. Its so crazy! The Haitians are so freaking cute hahaha! They are CRAZY. Its amazing. I love them. I love it here soooooo much guys! I love it i love it i love it.

The Gulbrandsen's are incredible. I aspire to have the incredible faith and testimonies they both have. They are perfect for this MTC and all the missionaries here. I love it here. I also love being STL (Sisters Training Leader)! it has been such a great learning experience and all the sisters are so amazing so it's just super fun! I HAVE MY FLIGHT INFO!!!! They are sending me to Trinidad for a week and then I am headed to Curacao! So crazy. SO EXCITED!!! It has also been one month!! It has flown by. I love it. I am so grateful that our loving Heavenly Father prompted me to serve. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't sure He wanted me to be so I am so grateful for the clear answer He gave me! Great quote about faith: "Faith is something greater than ourselves, enables us to do what we have said we will do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is  entirely uncertain."- Gordon B. Hinckley. I am soooo incredibly grateful for my district. They are the people who have made me truly love it here. They are all always so uplifting and loving and we are all here for each other at every moment. I am so lucky for them. I am also lucky to have the companions that i have! They are both sooooo great and I love them so much.

We definitely had the best lesson I may ever have in my entire mission. It was with our fake investigator "Carlos"- who is really our teacher Hermano Jimenez. That lesson was entirely guided by the spirit. I was so pumped to go into the lesson and I had no idea why but I think it was because I somehow knew it would be good. Our last lesson with him was good but I could not get 1 Nephi 15 out of my head even though it totally didn't apply! As soon as we left that lesson I told my companions about it and even though it didn't make any sense at all to talk about that they both immediately okayed it. Then this last lesson we had with him he flipped open to 1 Nephi 8 and said that he was super confused and that the vision didn't make any sense, and he basically just wanted to learn how to understand the scriptures more. The scripture I was prompted to share was the one that explains the scripture he was confused about. That was seriously sooo amazing. Totally guided by the spirit.

We go on splits tomorrow with the missionaries here! I am TERRIFIED. I think it was be a really cool experience but I am super scared hahaha! Apparently the Gulbrandsen's got after salt lake about my travel experience here. She said that pretty much all of salt lake knows my story. I thought that was soooo funny! She thinks they knew she was mad so they sent her my next flight plans early- well before anyone else! I am the only plans she has haha! I died when I heard about that. No pictures this week again, sorry!! I have yet to have the ability to connect my camera to the computer.I love you and miss you all! Have a great week AND READ THE BOM!!!
-Hermana Woodbury

No comments:

Post a Comment