Friday, March 10, 2017

Week 1 (3/9/17) - Santo Domingo


GUYS,

 I LOVE IT HERE!!!! Please bare with me until I get the hang of writing missionary emails because I have no idea what I am doing. I miss you all so much! Okay so getting here was definitely a major struggle. Basically an [airport] employee had to lie to me to get me into the country and then I was stranded in the airport getting hit on by a ton of guys speaking Spanish for 2 hours until some super nice person named Juan Carlos let me borrow their phone!!! So thankful for him or else I would definitely still be there.

I love it here soooo much. I am happier than I have ever been EVER. I have also never felt the spirit so strong in my entire life. My district is absolutely incredible and the MTC (Mission Training Center) president and his wife are the BEST PEOPLE!!!!! Classes have been so fun and the teachers are incredible! I swear I am already forgetting my English and it has been rough!!! I love love loveeee it here. I really am not sure what else to say other than that! I never want to leave so all of you should just come here.

I want to apologize to everyone who I cant reply to because I received a lot of emails and I don't have enough time to reply to everyone but I will try my best! I have already grown and changed so much. Whenever I see that we have class or a devotional I get sooooo excited which is not like me at all. The teachers give us a lot of breaks and I never want to go because I love being in class so much. Spanish has been going well and I am understanding A LOT but not speaking much yet. The DR (Dominican Republic) is so funny. The way they run things here is always so last minute and unorganized and at first it really bothered me but now it just makes me laugh. The first several days we didn't have teachers because they just didn't show up.. Only in the DR! Also, The food here is super good but literally all we have been eating is rice and several kinds of meat every single day. I seriously miss vegetables so much.

Elder Gomez of the Seventy came and gave a devotional so that was super awesome! I only have two requests: send me letters (to my mission home address) and send me pictures!!!!!! That's all I need :) I am so sorry this email isn't very detailed but this week has just flown by and all I have felt is happiness and peace and I don't remember anything else! I will give a more detailed report next week when things aren't so hectic and I am more settled in! All that you really need to know is that I love it here and I am extremely happy and Spanish is difficult but fun. I love you all and miss you soooooo much!

Allie also added in her message to her family the following...

 I miss you all so much it's ridiculous. All of the sister missionaries said that their first week was miserable and depressing but I have felt totally good so that's a major blessing!  I cannot think straight right now because this is the most stressful hour of the week but next week I will come way more prepared so it isn't all over the place. I am so sorry about how little I am writing!

Trying to remember a couple of other random points:
  •  The MTC is so freaking small. Like 30 missionaries tops. We cant even fill up an entire (very small) room for a session in the temple. I love it. 
  •  President and Hermana Gulbrandsen are the freaking best. I am so glad they are in charge of this MTC!
  • I have not felt one moment of sadness. Emailing is hard though because it is just kinda sad.
  • I am in the BEST DISTRICT EVER. We all feel like we have known each other for a lot longer than we actually have.
  • All of the employees and teachers here are so awesome and funny and I love them all. They are so patient with you and they get SO excited whenever you say even the simplest phrase in spanish.
  • Please let everyone know that if I did'nt reply to all of them this week that I will try next week!
  • I printed everyone's emails out and will read them during the week because I didn't have time during the hour!
  •  Any questions? I came totally unprepared for emailing so I cant think of details or specifics right now. I tried though!!!
  •  TELL EVERYONE IN THE FAM THAT I LOVE THEM!!!
  •  If you see Bro Hansen at church please tell him I miss their family!!
  •  I cant think of anything else and my time is just about up so I love you and I will talk to you next week! Hopefully someone will let me borrow their converter again so I will have pictures!
  • PLEASE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO EMAIL ME PICTURES!!!! And Also encourage them to send them in letters to my mission address! Love you!
Next week send me a list of any questions that you have and I will try to answer them! We went to the DR Temple today and that was super awesome! It is so beautiful and its the only thing that runs smoothly in any part of the DR. I am not sure what else to include but I love you and miss you so much. I guess I will carry on the tradition: I love you Mom, Dad, Brittney, Allen, Will, Chris, Jack, Clayton, Spencer, Chris, Aly, Evy, Aby, Millie, Baby, Chase, Kim, Mason, Linley, Carson Warson Woo Woo, Brooks, Felicia, and Jesse!!!!!! You guys are the best and I totally wouldnt be the person I am if it weren't for every single one of you!

Oh also our district leader is 6' 10". Size 16 shoes. Insane!





No comments:

Post a Comment