Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 71 - Aruba

HELLOOOO!!!
How is everyone doing?? Good I hope! And reading the Book of Mormon with the challenge I hope! Just to kick this email off I just want to say a big happy birthday to my lil niece aby! LOVE YOU! 
We had a wonderful week this week and we FINALLY GOT TO MEET THE BAIRDS! I love them more than I could have ever imagined. They are AMAZING. They have such big hearts and they are just so sweet and so cute and so excited to be here! We had a wonderful zone conference with them and we just got to know them a little better! They left four weeks after their son got home from his mission! So many sacrifices. They are incredible and indescribable. I feel soooo much love from them. such lil cuties. President Baird has a "rule" where he gets to hug every sister when he first meets them and when they go home. My heart was so happy :') he encourages us to be ourselves but be obedient and he is just sooo amazing! So is sister baird! I am so excited to serve with them! 

This week, like always, we had very many experiences that helped me grown in my testimony. I actually had a pretty cool one yesterday. It was very simple but strengthened my testimony still! I was doing my personal study with lots of things on my desk like my scriptures, planner, study books, notebooks, etc. and I accidentally knocked over a cup full of water! I was sooo scared that it was going to get everything all wet because I had stuff all over my desk and the cup spilled water right onto the middle of the desk. The water went everywhere, but it didn't touch any of my stuff. The things that it did kind of touch were things that I could just wipe off without a problem. The water fell right on top of my planner but not a single page got a drop of water, just the cover which I wiped off and it was fine. It was seriously such a little miracle! Unimaginable! Through that experience I realized that as we live the commandments of the Lord, He will bless us! As well I was reminded of the fact that He is always watching over us and that He loves and knows each of us personally! 
We taught some cool lessons this week! We taught Angelica like everyday again and we kept pushing baptism. Then right after teaching her the plan of salvation she just told us and said she had prayed about it and felt she does want to be baptized but not right now because she is not keeping one big commandment. We were so happy, yes I know that sounds weird, but we were. We were happy because we hadn't taught her ANYTHING about commandments at all yet and she was just able to feel it! she is sooooo cool and is totally going to get baptized at some point. Hopefully soon :)
We also taught this lady named Rosalba. We taught her about the book of Mormon, and the way we do it in our mission is we wait to talk about the book of Mormon or read any verses from it or anything until after the resto lesson when we teach lesson about the book of Mormon by itself so they can actually understand what it is! Anywho, we taught her the BOM and WOW. She LOVED IT. She was just so excited and knew it was true right away. It was crazy. She embraced it and had such great questions. This lady just really wants to change, and she said she knows that the book can help her with that! She is SOOO prepared!!! 
Well, that is it from me this week! PLEASE keep reading your Book of Mormon and keeping up with the challenge! I am and I am LOVING it!!! Keep it up and have a great week!!
-Sister Woodbury





No comments:

Post a Comment