Monday, July 9, 2018

Week 70 - Aruba

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

Sooooo sorry about my email last week! I just totally ran out of time! Hopefully I can write a better one this week..... We had a really good week! 
So we have this investigator named Angelica and she is AMAZING. I truly don't know if I have EVER taught ANYONE so prepared in my mission. She understands everything perfectly the first time you explain it and immediately applies it to her life. So amazing. She came to church last sunday! AND she is already reactivating a less active member. SUCH A COOL TIME OVER HERE. 
The branch here is really really struggling and I just want to ask all of you to pray for everyone here! It is really shrinking and just needs some love and prayers! Many are going less active for so many different reasons and everyone else who is staying active is really really struggling as well. Work, health, etc. Please pray for them!

My testimony was really strengthened this week about our Savior Jesus Christ. We went contacting and met this lady named Baby. Baby is an atheist and is honestly kind of an anti Christ. The contact started out normal and we even thought she was softening up to let us come by! We almost had a Lesson 1 (when we just figure out their background) right then and there. Towards the middle of the contact she really just started to harden her heart but we kept trying. Near the end though she was being SO disrespectful to Christ to the point where Sister Hardy had to say very kindly but firmly "do not talk about Him like that". It was so powerful. Well we ended up leaving that contact just feeling so bad for her and feeling terrible inside. We were sharing thoughts about that experience and decided that we felt exactly like Alma and Amulek! I really just gained such a stronger respect and appreciation for them. So amazing. It was hard but we felt like we were living through a BOM story. We then no more that 10 seconds later started talking to a lady who was just SO strong in her beliefs of the Savior. She shared spiritual experiences about Him with us and just really strengthened us. My testimony really just grew so much about two things. One, that Jesus Christ really is our Savior and Redeemer, and two, that God knows us and loves us. He knows what we need and He hears our prayers. I love Them!

I love being a missionary! I got my flight itinerary today (September 20th) and my jaw completely dropped. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT YET! I cannot believe it!  Sooooo sad! I wanna be a missionary forever. hahahaha.  That said though, i love and miss you all sooo much!  I am keeping up with the BOM challenge! How are all of you doing?  I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love and miss you all so much and i am so grateful for this time I have to be a missionary and defend my Savior and Redeemer!
-Sister Woodbury







No comments:

Post a Comment