Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 48 - Aruba

Wow. Crazy week! I hit 11 months!!! Cant even believe itttttt. I am so scared. Next transfer i hit a year and then 13 months! I met my first companion when she had 14 months! AHHH! Not yet time to freak out yet though, thank goodness :)

In other news... HAPPY B-DAY BIG BROTHER CHRIS! Love youuu!!!!!!! 

So. this week. Ooooohhh this week. We lost ALL OF OUR INVESTIGATORS! Eduardo dropped us, we had to give Daniel, Javier, and Nerwins to the Elders, etc, etc. ugh. And everyone we ARE teaching are really really struggling. Please keep them in your prayers. Craziness. I don't even know what to specifically say about them all.
Lets just go right into the highlights...
Soooo we have been teaching this newer member who was baptized just over a year ago. His name is Jair. He is 15 but looks at least 17. He is AWESOMEEEE. We were teaching his about the temple, and he just said something that touched my heart. He said if there was a temple right around the corner, that he would be there CONSTANTLY. School, friends, anything else wouldn't matter as much. Jair is awesome. Strongest youth in the church. wants to serve a mission sooo badly.
We have also finally figured out when Juandavid is finally going to be baptized! We are shooting for this Saturday! You never know with his dad, buuuuut we should be good. We will see next week if he will be a member of the church!
My testimony of this gospel is so simple, I just know it is true. We were talking to our recent convert, Melissa, about how our investigators our doing and we told them they were struggling with accepting the gospel and she just completely said "No. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and I know the Book of Mormon is true." That really boosted my testimony. She said it with such confidence and boldness. She shared with us that the gospel has really helped her and her family so much. She has really let these things change her. It was a very simple, but very spiritual experience for me. So grateful for this gospel.
That is all I've got this week! not much but it is something! I love you and miss you all! Have a wonderful week!!
-Sister/Ruman/Hermana Woodbury
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment