Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 7 (4/24/17) - Aruba

Hola!

Okay so I have been counting the weeks wrong so I am actually on week seven this week! My bad! I love it here! Aruba is soooo awesome! It looks almost exactly like Arizona so that is weirding me out a tiny bit.. It looks soooo much like Guadalupe or some parts of Mesa!

Okay so my companion is Sister Petersen (from Utah) and she is super awesome! I have been wayyy lucky with my companions here in this mission. The Lord knows :)   Papiamentu is a super duper weird language, and some of the Spanish speakers here are hard to understand because of all of the different accents! There are just about every kind of Spanish speaker here that you could have! It is pretty cool.

So we are on bikes! I haven't even been on a bike in 5 years since I got hit by a car so i am pretty darn rusty but I am getting better each day! It is hardddd!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!!

SEND MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING: 
Hermana Woodbury 11-28
Terpsichore
Willemstad, Curacao
Hopefully that will work... Not positive if it will. 
 
How is everybody's BOM reading??? 1 month left! You can do it!
SOOOOO we went to a baptism for someone who my companion has been teaching for a while and then a few hours after that he got deported (see pics). Crazy. He wasn't even able to get confirmed!! He got deported and so did one other member of the church. The entire branch was crying that wholeeee Sunday and pretty much half the branch went to the airport to say goodbye. So absolutely insane. The branch here is soooo incredible you would not believe!!!!!  This is the strongest branch in the mission and these are the best members in the world. most of them are illegals from Columbia and Venzuela.  Venezuelans are the best humans on the planet. The branch is a pretty good size... idk maybe around 100ish people? maybe? Idk. Its called Oranjestad or however you spell it.

We have been teaching an investigator named Christian. They contacted him with a super super brief little message a little over a week ago and then they invited him to church like they do with everyone, but no one ever comes! He came!! That was a pretty big shock. Sister Petersen and I have been back three times now and he is just eating up everything we have to tell him! He came to church again yesterday and he is just so excited to know everything about the gospel! Every lesson we have with him is just SO spiritual and incredible. It makes me feel bad for kind of taking the gospel for granted for so long. 
Okay well that's about it this week! I love and miss you all sooo much!
-Hermana Woodbury

 

No comments:

Post a Comment