Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Week 74 - Aruba

Hello Everyone!!!! Before I get started... Happy Birthday little Linley! LOVE YOU!!! :)

Well, this week was great! We got lots of new investigators which was awesome!!!!! That never happens in this area! We are now teaching some of the Venezuelans that we met last week and also Jonathan! Happy happy week!

Angelica....she is falling fast. She is changing a lot. She is now working on Sundays for the first time in 3 years in the store that she owns. She hasn't been to church and has been avoiding us. Our hearts are breaking. Soooo sad. She believes she is an "exemption to the rule" and that God will not have mercy with her because of her past. I can testify that that is not true, and that she is just really confused. The light that we used to see shining so brightly in her is really beginning to dim. Sad. But we keep praying for her!

Leo is doing AWESOME! He just came to church for the 3rd Sunday in a row and is loving it! He is sooo cool.

We had quite the experience this week that really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon! Last Monday, we were down in Playa and thought we should get some food, so we went to Taco Bell. Well, immediately after walking in I felt SUPER weird. It was as if the Spirit had left completely.  I didn't feel like we needed to leave or anything, but I know I didn't feel totally comfortable. As I was looking around I felt like it was just so dark in there and I just felt so strange. Well I immediately expressed my thoughts to Sister Hardy and she started to be a little weirded out as well. Well, we continued walking to the front counter when we passed this lady and this man who were sitting together. I really try not to judge anyone, but the feeling I had when we walked past that lady just screamed out at me that it was her that was impeding the Spirit from being there. This lady was completely decked out in black. Black clothes, hair, nails, jewelry, tons of black makeup, especially around her eyes. I have seen people dressed like her before and never even thought twice, I always just assume that that is their style, but this time based on the way I felt it was more than just her style. Well, we went and ordered our food at the front counter, got it, and then went and sat down. We sat down on a booth on the very left, right where you would enter in. The entry was behind me to the right and the front was a ways up in front of me. I was sitting with the wall to my left. I was freaking out. Seriously. I felt SO uncomfortable and I just didn't know what to do! We said a prayer on the food and Sister Hardy asked that we could be protected, that is how bad we felt inside. Well I couldn't even eat because I felt very anxious and stressed so I asked sister Hardy to share what she learned from her personal study that day. She shared, but I still felt uncomfortable so I decided to share too! I got out my BOM and read her some parts that I liked, and then I put it on the table next to the wall. Well the couple was having a yelling conversation and they were speaking in Dutch so we didn't even know what they were talking about. Shortly later, a man appeared outside near the door to come in. He was dressed in a big black garbage bag and was smoking Marijuana. He looked like he was on some kind of really bad drug trip. He was yelling at people outside and looked dangerous. I was freaking out. We were trapped. Well Sister Hardy said we should move the BOM over to the edge of the table, so we did and when she put it down on the edge I said I hoped it would act as protection! IT DID! As soon as we put the BOM down right there, the man outside left, and then a few moments later the couple left as well. She tried saying something to us on the way out but then just turned and kept walking. It was amazing. We both then realized at that moment that the Book of Mormon doesn't only protect us spiritually, but physically as well! I LOVE THAT BOOK! And I know it is true.

Have a wonderful week!!!
PLEASE KEEP UP ON THE BOM CHALLENGE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ! :)

-Sister Woodbury



No comments:

Post a Comment