Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 57 - Curacao

Hellooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curacao is doing well, but this week almost ALL of our lessons fell through! We had several member-presents appointments scheduled with new members and lots of lessons with new people, but everything fell through! It was kind of rough but we still tried our best. We have picked a new contact area and so far no one wants to talk to us, but Sister Garcia and I feel like that is where the Lord wants us to be so that is where we will be working. I am very excited and I am much more optimistic about this next week.

Highlights:
-KIM HAD HER BABY!!!! His name is Moronai. They changed they name just because in Spanish/Papiamento you say it differently but she wanted it to always sound the way it does in
  English. I love her hahahaha! 
-Selo is seriously starting to progress! He is accepting doctrinal points that he didn't want to accept in the past and he is just growing sooo much!
-Jordan has been having the hardest time with understanding recently, but IT IS FINALLY STARTING TO CLICK!!!!! He is finally starting to get it. So exciting!
-We saw that guy we contacted several weeks ago named Antony! He was the contact with all of the dogs! He will be meeting with the elders soon and he keeps saying he is very sincere about this! I have high hopes! 
-we taught Etson again!!!!!!!  HE IS SO COOL!!!!  We asked him if he believed that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he just said yes and that  "Jesus sent a prophet for me!" SO CUTE!!! HE IS DOING AWESOME!!!! 

That is all I have this week, I hope you are all doing well! I miss and love you all so much! Study the scriptures and be a missionary! 

-Sister Woodbury
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Woodbury Family,

    My son just got his call to serve in the Trinidad Port of Spain mission 6 hours ago! As he opened and read his call, we were all excited and confused: Trinidad?! Port of Spain?!?! MTC in the Dominican Republic?? ENGLISH?!?!?!?!?

    As we've been scrambling to learn all we can about this unique and exciting mission call, I came upon your daughter's blog and have been reading her experiences. Stranded at the airport?? Really?! Scary! I served my mission in the D.R. so I have an idea of what that might have been like, LOL. Yikes!

    God bless you and your precious missionary,
    Joel Harris

    ReplyDelete