Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week 39 - Aruba

Well.....I am officially halfway through my mission! SOOOO CRAZY! Fastest 9 months of my LIFE. It is so weird because the days seem long, the weeks seem longish until they are over, the months FLY by! I dont understand but that is how it works haha! I truly have never ever been happier doing anything else ever. Mission's are the best. And this week was GREAT!!! Well, the beginning of the week was actually pretty rough but the end of it was awesome, and i can only remember the end so all is well haha!  Buuuuut really this week was great.

First of all, we had zone conference yesterday and wow it was awesome! One of my favorite zone conferences. Something President Egbert does is start talking about how you are preparing to go home beginning your first day in the mission field. Whenever he has said that i have always thought, "well its not like that day will every come", but this time i got sadddd!!!  I love it here! I  dont wanna leave!  The ideal situation would be just to bring all of my family over here with me! Zone conference was amazing though. Like wow.

Also.... I believe it was my cute little nephews birthday yesterday, so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CLAYTON!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! 

Anywho... So this week I don't even remember what happened. I Do remember though that Melissa is doing AWESOME and is so excited for her baptism in two weeks! David? well... he is struggling. we don't think he will be baptized on the 16th but he will at some point. He is dealing with a challenge and he just doesn't feel prepared spiritually. We actually haven't seen him in a while, almost a week.  Buuuut we had some awesome experiences with Melissa this week! First of all, we brought this member named Brother Sandoval with us to one of our lessons with her and wow he is such an amazing teacher. We taught about keeping the sabbath day holy and he basically took over. Normally when members take over in lessons we get a little stressed because we can teach the points of doctrine and then the lessons get taken somewhere else, but it was NOT that way with him! He taught EVERY point of doctrine way better than we could have ever imagined! He is an AMAZING teacher! Wow. I learned so much from him, but i especially learned how important it is to teach with members.  So amazing. Melissa loved it!!  Thennnn yesterday night we had a Family Home Evening with Melissa, and her son, and Monchi's family at their house! Soooo cute! It was sooo good and they all just shared their cute little testimonies, even Melissa!  I loved every moment of that! David didn't come though :( but wow Melissa had a great week! This was also her fourth week in a row coming to church!  Her kids LOVE church and are sooo reverent during sacrament meeting! So amazing. they're amazing.

I wanted to write much more becuase I had a lot to talk about, buuuut I don't have time!  I sent a lot of pictures and that took a long time. But it was an amazing week and everyone is doing really well! We had 5 investigators at church and it was just amazing! I loveeeee being a missionary so much! And I LOVE MY COMPANION! Sister Davidson is sooo cute and she can already speak spanish and papiamentu better than i can. Also she can already teach way better than me. she has been out for 4 months. She is awesome and i love her.  Anywayyyy!!!!! Have a wonderful week!!! Share the gospel!

Hermana Woodbury






No comments:

Post a Comment