Monday, September 17, 2018

Week 80 - Aruba

First before anything....WELCOME TO THE WORLD MY NEW LITTLE NEPHEW BRIGHAM JENSEN!!! We have all been waiting for you for far too long! Congrats Brittney!!

Also,  well, happiest of anniversaries to Chase and Kim!!

Anywho.... we had another pretty average missionary week! Nothing crazy! We taught Michael about the first vision and a modern day prophet and once again he was just LOVING it. SO much. He was soooo excited about the whole thing. It was so funny, he asked us during the lesson, "wait, do we have a prophet today?" and we said "yes!" and he said "no but like today in our day." and we said "yes!" and then for a third time he said "no like TODAY!" and we said "YES!" and said "REALLY??" with the biggest smile on his face. it was awesome. he loves the idea of having a living prophet. he's doing great, just very very busy so its hard to see him even just once a week!

We also taught Nieves and her relative Veronica the first vision and it was SO SPIRITUAL. They are just so believing. They understand PERFECTLY and they feel like Joseph Smith would have had to be a prophet because Jesus Christ had to restore the church through someone! I love them.

We had an awesome lesson with Jairo last night! Oh my heck! We weren't able to see him for over a week because of problems on our part like a popped tire and all that fun stuff, and he doesn't have a phone so we had no idea how to communicate with him! Well, we passed by last night and had an awesome lesson.  He says he believes the BoM to be true scripture and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. Then we felt prompted to invite him to be baptized and he was totally on board! He is on date for October 20th!  Baptisms haven't been happening too terribly much in the islands and we don't really know why, all we know is that we are super duper excited for this one!

Unfortunately for me, i will not be at Jairo's baptism in October because I GO HOME THIS WEEK!  On Thursday!  I cannot believe my mission has come to an end. It has absolutely FLOWN by.  I will be leaving a big part of my heart here with all of these wonderful people. I am going home a new person and I am just so grateful God sent me out on my mission so i could really get my act together and my testimony growing. We will be finishing the BoM this week as well!  I have been loving it and i hope all of you have been loving it as well! 

I will see you in a few days!

Big hugs!

-Sister Woodbury
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment